Today has been a very emotional day. A good day...just emotional. Today was the day we got to go see the orphanage that Adiah came from. It took about 1 1/2 hours to get from the hotel to the orphanage. The road was crazy bumpy!! But eventually we made it. There is so much I want to say about our visit. But I think I'll save that until I' m with you all in person. Its just better that way...but our girl did good. She looked around and you could tell she recognized some of the people but she didn't want to go to them. She wanted to stay in my arms. I can't tell you what that did for me. I'm so glad we went. I would have regretted it if we didn't. She has done better with Brian today too. He held her in the van and she didn't freak. After awhile she wanted to come back to me but it was really good for him and her that she did that. She also let him come in close and kiss her today. She didn't cry...good news! She has eaten quite a bit of solid foods today and finally took a bottle tonight. Man, for such a little thing that girl can fight when she doesn't want something! She also had a poop tonight for the first time in 2 days. Success!! Anyway, tomorrow we will fly to Guangzhou for the final leg of the trip. As much as I've loved seeing and experiencing Adiah's country I'm SO ready to come home and figure out what our new normal is going to be. Just running my toothbrush under running water will be nice. And I miss the other kids so much! I love seeing them on Skype!! It makes things better! Brian did another video of our day today. Its 6 minutes long so sit back for a while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I found your blog through Brad and Britney's blog. I think I remember you from photographing their wedding! Anyway, just want to say I have enjoyed reading your journey! I love the videos and the fact that you are doing everything to document and preserve memories for her. As an adoption counselor (in my "big girl" job), It is such a blessing to find families that recognize the losses along with the joys. I love that you are letting her express her true feelings and sharing in that grief right along with her. What a blessing she has in you, her new family, and what a blessing you have in her! She is just beautiful.
We are so thankful that you did get to see where Adiah spent the first few months of her life. I'm sure it did you a world of good and explained a lot her. We love the video, but we can only see 2:15 minutes of it. Don't know if this is happening to everyone or not. We wish for you a peaceful and restful night and a good trip tomorrow to Guangzhou. Can't wait for the next blog.
Mom
What a cliff hanger! We only got to see a few minutes of the video. I guess something is wrong with our feed. I can't wait to watch all of the video when y'all get home. I can not imagine how emotional that was for y'all.
We miss you guys so much. Life is not the same with out you here. Counting down the days. Love you!
Glad to see that everyone is doing well! I wanted to see the video, but I'm only able to see 2 min. 15 seconds. Thought i'd let you know.
Blessings, Tonya
I'm sure you guys already know this by now but we only got 2 minutes of the video. I am sooo happy that she is eating more. Still praying for HUGE progress! I've thought a lot about you guys today as I've sat around and WAITED....nothing yet....uugh! We are having a great time with your kids but I know they are ready for you to return. They've started the countdown! We love you and can't wait to see her in person.
Hey guys - we're keeping you in our prayers. What a transforming experience today was, I'm sure. We love the videos - only we just were able to see 2 minutes, 15 seconds and then it stops. Can't wait to see the rest and hear in person about everything you've been experiencing! Adiah sure sounds like she is making leaps and bounds in bonding to you both!!
I love reading this! My husband and I look every day together. I cry at every video! May God continue to bless your trip and that adorable Adiah.
This was moving beyond words. God bless this child...now safe in your arms.
It was so great to watch your video-I can't wait to see more of it. :) I must admit my hubby was a little envious that you got to video & take pictures. They wouldn't let him when we got our baby last year & he went to the orphanage. (I stayed at the hotel with the baby) So it is nice to see what their environment was like. Love the murals on the walls.
I am glad to hear that she is taking in more with her bottles & eating. What a relief for you. I pray that you will have (had) a restful night.
Enjoy your time in Guangzhou. I LOVED it there. There is a starbucks too! They had great hot chocolate. :)
Wow! I have loved getting to see this journey unfold. I happened to be reading some other blogs when I happened to see a familiar name at your sight. After moving back to Illinois it is nice being able to touch base with you and watching this Godly thing happen with your family. I can't wait to continue watching your journey.
Craig & Amy Uphoff
Post a Comment