Happy Easter everyone!! Other than giving birth to my second child(hey, Natalie!) this has been the most memorable Easter for us! Today was pretty relaxed in comparison to yesterday. After the medical appointment yesterday we had to do all of the paperwork for the Consulate appointment that will take place tomorrow. So today we got up and left the hotel at 9:15 to go to Shaiman Island for some shopping time. Lots of fun things were purchased but I won't tell you any of them since certain "little eyes" will read this. Then we came back around 1ish and our entire group met and had our own Easter church service. It just so happens that one of the adopting dads here is a preacher so that kind of worked out! We sang and worshiped and it was awesome. The tears were flowing as this was our daughters first Sunday to hear the message about Jesus! We were all quite thankful! Adiah is really doing well these days. Still not walking but beginning to be much stronger. She loves to eat but just likes to shove all the food in front of her into her mouth at once. She is also babbling alot. Lots of "ya ya ya ya's" and "da da da da's". When we think back to just a week ago when she was just sitting there staring at her buttons we are simply amazed at the progress she is making. Nothing short of a miracle. Thank you God! We are still struggling with her sleep. It seems that all is well but when we hit those moments where she is almost asleep she goes into a full fledged fit. So needless to say we are doing lots of praying over this precious one. I can't help but wonder if its in those moments that she is remembering things. So if you could pray for her and for us. We are tired. Like I told my kids today...we are floating on Jesus these days! Tomorrow we have to stay in our room while our guides go to our consulate appointment in case there are questions. And then in the afternoon we are going to a 1st birthday party for Lily Harrell(the precious daughter of our precious new friends) and then to a museum and a Thai dinner. Should be fun. And then on Tuesday we go to our Swearing In ceremony...not to be confused with a swearing ceremony! Ha! And then home on Wednesday. So enjoy some pictures of Adiah. Just look at that smile!

Look at this crazy bow! I think its hilarious! Adiah all dressed up for our Easter service.

Precious little angel!
Tired from our shopping trip. She is a good shopper! Thank you, Jesus!!
12 comments:
Sounds like you all had a wonderful Easter! We'll look forward to next Easter with Adiah running around with the other children hunting for eggs. ;) Thank you so much for all the pictures, videos and your sweet testimonies to God's unfailing love ... just can't get enough. An absolutely amazing first week! {HUGS} Mom
Crazy bow? That's an AWESOME bow...but you know me and bows. I've got lots more planned for Hannah and Adiah where that one comes from....you just wait! I L-O-V-E that sweet smile and that silly grin! I could just gobble her up!
precious smile! Iknow you'll be happy to get back home!
What an amazing transformation! Oh my goodness! She is so precious and she looks like she knows how much she is loved! Happy Easter from Texas!!
I could eat her up! Where did you get that hat with the bow that she has been wearing every day? I love it!
Happy Easter my friend...only 4 more days...actually 3 and 1/2...LOL!
Miss Personality is struttin' her stuff! We love all the pictures, but especially the webcam visits every day. The kids can't get enough and the more of her personality they see, the more excited they become about getting to play with her. Em and I went to the store today and were going down the aisles saying "Let's get this for Adiah, she'll love it". We got mini pancakes for her first b'fast at home, since it seems she loves them. Em made the best (truly) chocolate chip cookies today. She's quite the cook! She's going to freeze some for you. I think she made 5 or 6 dozen! We took all of them to the Country Club today for Easter Brunch. You would have been so proud of them. They acted like perfect ladies and gentleman (as they always are). Ridge was so cute putting on his best manners. Wish I had a video!
Can't wait to see you on Wednesday. We have lots of hugs and kisses for Miss Adiah, but we'll let the kids be the first ones to give them to her.
See you soon!
Mom
I LOVE the bow! Its GREAT! And that hat she has on in all the other videos and pictures is great too! It seem like she is getting cuter by the minute! I know ya'll agree! Have fun at the birthday party and museum; not too much longer til your sweet family is all together! I know you can't wait!
Well, after reading my previous response, I need clarify. We DID NOT take all the cookies to the Country Club (though they beat any dessert they had!). We took all the kids!
Mom
Amy,
I have SO loved watching your journey. I cry everytime I read a new post. Praise God for all He has done!
I love it! Her first Sunday to hear about Jesus! What a blessing. She is adorable!!!! Love the bows.
She is so absolutely adorable! When Hannah and Adiah are both back in Texas, I'll have to come see those cuties!
What a great smile! WHat a difference a week of love makes. But more importantly, what a difference Jesus makes in her little life that she sees modeled in her mommy & daddy.
Make sure you take tissue with you to the swearing in ceremony! You will need them!
Prayers for sleep for all 3 of you.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Post a Comment