Proverbs 31:10-11
"Who can find a virtuous and noble wife?"
She is more precious than rubies.
Her husband can trust her.
and she will greatly enrich his life.
Many of you know that this journey has been a long and winding road for us over the past 13+ years. There have been many turns and trials, many joys and many victories. Many of those shared with each of you. Today as I was reading and reflecting on the calling and authority that I have been blessed with over my family (rapidly growing family)- I was overwhelmed with the understanding that while God has called me and blessed me in the ways that He has - He called me to these things knowing that He had already provided the most perfect mate for me to walk beside and behind. Without her I am truly nothing in this life and with her I have everything.
I am honored to call her my lover, my best friend, mother of all my children and and my foundation of security that allows me to run and dream as big as I dare in all areas of my life. This trip and blog journey would not be complete without a testament to the beauty, grace, and amazement that my wife is... I cannot express in words how proud of her I am on this day. From the birth of this calling in her heart, to the first steps in Jan 2006, to the last few days traveling she has amazed me with her patience, persistence and grace in perseverance. Tomorrow we meet face to face to one chosen to join our family, and I look forward to the years ahead watching Adiah, Ridge, Natie-bug and Em all continue to flourish under the love and guidance of their wonderful mother. Everything a father could hope for his children to learn can be learned in observing their mother. I believe I am most excited for them to see the boldness in which she now proceeds through her life - being a blessing, encouragement, and lightning rod to those she encounters, and being willing to be used mightily in every moment into which her presence is called.
Miss Amy, I love you and I am sincerely honored to be on this journey with you.
Proverbs 31: 28-29
Her children (all four now) stand to bless her.
Her husband praises her.
"There are many virtuous and capable women
in the world, but you surpass them all."
her husband,
Brian
7 comments:
Ok, crying here. I knew before that I love Amy...and now I know that I love her sweet husband as well.
You both are so blessed. The next post will be what these last few years have been all about. I can't wait to see...I am not going to be able to sleep tonight!
Love and blessings to you all~
Oh my goodness. This post had me in tears. You have blessed me!!
Thank you, Brian, for opening up your heart like this. It looks to me like you are both a blessing to each other. I love to see the work of the Lord in both or your lives.
I was at church last night (Saturday night church rocks!!) and during worship I became overwhelmed with thinking about you and your family and sweet little Adiah and how incredibly GOOD the Lord is!! He is so, so, SO good! I will continue praying for y'all today (Sunday). Also praying that you get a good night's sleep (HA!).
Many Happy Blessings To You!!
Jenn
Amy, I am most blessed to have you as my daughter-in-law, whom I love as my daughter and sister in Christ. It's 3:45a.m. where you're at - hope you're resting well, but understand if you aren't asleep. We are all waiting for these last few hours to go by - for your "gotcha" moment when you and Brian snatch Adiah up in your arms. (Gigi is here with me and she says hi, praying for you!) I love you! Carol
Wow! Now that is a great man! I am a friend of Elissa Harrells. She posted your blog link on her site. I adopted a beautiful baby girl from China (with AWAA) in September of 2006. It has been with great joy that as a China Mom's group here, we get to follow Elissa and now you to your children!
Brian, your sweet words about your wife are too much! Your little girl will be so blessed to have such a warrior for God to show her what a true spiritual leader looks like. And from your blog about Amy, we can see that Mommy is a true Proverbs 31 gal displaying the very nature of our Lord himself!
Just hours to go! Soak up every moment. We are all truly blessed whom have been given the gift of a China beauty! God is GOOD!
Cristie Martine
San Antonio, Texas
www.journeytomaliah.com
Amen, Brian! Love that girl! Had the BT team praying and giddy for you guys this a.m. Cried LOTS of tears during church....just an all around emotional wreck today. Can't wait to see the pics
I love you Bwoods. Glory! Thanks for empowering your wife and allowing her to GO in the times she needed to GO and for encouraging her to BE who she is. I love your wife dearly and praise God for her.
You guys have Adiah now! What a fun fun time! Have y'all stopped crying yet?! :) Love you both so much!
Brian...what sweet words. As I read, I could hear you saying each and every word. You have a wonderful, God-fearing wife, and yall are blessed to have eachother. May the Lord continue to bless your lives. We love yall and are so excited!
Post a Comment