Saturday, March 15, 2008

Day Two

Wowie! We just arrived back in the room from another very long day! We left this morning around 9 am and got back here around 6:45pm. Today we went to Summer Palace. Very beautiful! While we were there a couple of young Chinese boys asked if they could take their picture with me. Yes... I'm a super star. Then we went to the Jade factory which was incredible! Too expensive for me to buy anything though! Then we went to another Chinese meal(go figure). I ate alot of rice! I'm very hungry for a hamburger or something like that. But then Rosa, our guide, said she can tell we're tired of Chinese food so we're going to the Peking Duck meal tomorrow and ordering pizza tonight! Can I get an amen?!? Anyway, after that we went to the Great Wall. So awesome!! Brian and I and some other friends went on the difficult side and made it all the way up! I got myself a t-shirt that said I climbed the Great Wall or something like that. On one of the bus rides I asked Rosa if she knew anything about the day we get Adiah. She said our flight leaves tomorrow night around 7pm. We will get Adiah around 8:30 the next morning. Between flying and nerves I probably won't sleep much tomorrow night!! So tomorrow we're going to a church service, back to the hotel to pack, and then shopping for pearls! Not sure if I will be able to post tomorrow because of that so this may be it until we have Adiah! I'll be sure to post as soon as I can. Thank you for all of the comments we're getting! I love to hear from you all and it makes us smile! And thank you for praying for us................I love you all!


Some lady doing some sort of dance/exercise in the Summer Palace


Another deep thought....


Great Wall!! What an awesome experience!


Brian making his way to the top!


Me peeking around the side. It was high up there!

16 comments:

Britney K said...

Ah! I didn't expect a new post to pop up! How fun! Do they hand out oxygen tanks at the top of the wall!? :) I am so glad you guys are having so much fun! Can't wait for that little one to be in your arms though. Love you so much! Oh and I'm cracking up at the "deep thoughts" We had those in Japan also but they were never in correct English, which made it quite funny!

Denise said...

You can just hear the excitement in your post. I don't think that I will sleep tomorrow night in anticipation of all the gotcha moments I will see on Monday. I will be sure to put my makeup on after I see all of those~

Praying for you sweetie!

Anonymous said...

Dude! I love that sign. Could you get me one of those so I can put it in my kids' bathrooms. I am WAY impressed that you climbed to the top. That's what I keep thinking about when I run these days....gotta make it to the top. I am just so excited for you I can barely stand it. I don't think I will sleep tomorrow night! Love you guys!

Chanda said...

We will be praying for your Gotcha Moment!! Cannot WAIT to see pictures and/or video. What an awesome experience!! Savor every moment - even the tired ones - so you can share in detail with us! And we love the 'deep thought' pictures. You could make a book out of those and sell it!

Mimi Martin said...

Brian, son, remember: only the finest of pearls for your lovely wife who has the most beautiful pearly white smile! Give Adiah hugs and kisses from each of us til we can do it ourselves.

I read your fellow-blogger Denise's poem on her website and I just cried...what angels on earth you parents are: your journeys of a lifetime end at heaven's gate, with kids in tow. Bless you Lord Jesus. Love, Mimi

"I Would Gather Children"

Some would gather money
Along the path of life,
Some would gather roses,
And rest from worldly strife.

But I would gather children
From among the thorns of sin,
I would seek a golden curl,
And a freckled toothless grin.

For money cannot enter,
In that land of endless day,
And roses that are gathered
Soon will wilt along the way.

But oh, the laughing children,
As I cross the sunset sea,
And the gates swing wide to heaven,
I can take them in with me!

Jeanette said...

Good for you making it to the top of the Great Wall! I better start practicing on a stair master! I can't wait to see the post and pictures with Adiah in your arms. It won't be long now!!!

Jennifer said...

Amy! You were a runner up on the Vintage Pearl necklace contest! You may have already seen it, but I didn't know if you'd have time to check blogs while you're in China, so I wanted to let you know! You're supposed to email her your address so she can send you your prize!

Britney K said...

I just looked at your clock. In your world it's 12 something AM. That means it's Sunday for you, which means in your world you get Adiah tomorrow!!!!!!! How beautiful and sweet that scene will be. I can't imagine what all of heaven will be doing! A long awaited connection of Baby and family. YAY!

Tiffany said...

What an amazing thing to climb the Great Wall! It looks beautiful! Is that a urinal? Those signs are funny! I was up until around 4am this morning and kept checking in to see if you had posted...I can't stop thinking of what ya'll are doing over there! You're in my prayers!

P.S. You won a necklace on The Vintage Pearl giveaway drawing! YAY for you!

Kate Feucht said...

WE are so excited for you guys and are in CONSTANT prayer for you both and Adiah! LOVE YOU GUYS! CANT wait for you to hold her!!! ( I CANT wait to hold her!)
ps. THanks so much for posting these blogs...its great to be apart of this journey with you:)

The Crazy Roots said...

Looks like so much fun! Love the urinal sign, can we get one of those for my boy's bathroom? I mean it really!
The last couple of days I frequently keep seeing "American" families with a little China doll toddling among them, and my heart skips a beat! I can't wait to see Adiah amongst Emily, Natalie, and Ridge just walking along, like it's always just been that way. . .

erin said...

You're a runner up in my blog giveaway!!! Email me your address so I can send you a surprise prize :)

thevintagepearl@gmail.com

Congrats! And thanks for your sweet comment :)

mcjacobsjournal said...

Our whole family is enjoying seeing your updates!! Keep 'em coming! It's completely crazy that your next post may be all about meeting Adiah. Oh my goodness, how exciting!! Thanks for keeping us updated so well! I'm loving the pictures. :)

Wife of the Pres. said...

Praying for your family. From a fellow AWAA family who is at Disney World this week! Even still, I brought my laptop just to keep up with updates for all the AWAA SN families IN CHINA! Miracle Monday will be here soon! May God Bless!

Tiffany said...

Ok, I have to leave another comment...I was out eating tonight and I saw a family with a little girl who looked to be around 18 months old, she reminded me of what I think Adiah will look like with ya'll (she was adopted from China), there were also 2 older sisters and an older brother. I COULDN'T resist going over and telling them ALL about ya'll and that you were in China right now picking up Adiah! They were SO excited and wanted to know where you were exactly! I didn't know, but told them what I could remember...they told me they would be praying for y'all by name and about Gotcha Day and everything to come. How cool is that? I think so anyway! I just couldn't resist sitting there watching this family without saying something about you guys!

Rebekah said...

Again, thank you so much for keeping us informed with all the amazing experiences you are having. It makes me want to hop on a plane and get out of America for a little while. Doesn't it make you appreciate what we have here so much? Can't wait to see your precious little girl!!